Share |

Friday, June 09, 2006

Top 10 Saftest Place for Driving

Drive Safely One Saturday afternoon I was on my way south to San Diego on the busy I15. While driving on the fast lane I noticed from my rear mirror a zigzaging sporty cutting thru the busy traffic as if its is on a racing track. My guts feeling told me that I should pay attention to it. Few minutes after it was right beside my car and ready to switch to fast lane again whithout signaling - well.. while I am still on the fast lane. Seeing the car already cut into the lane, no not in front of me but right beside me, I steered my car a little bit to the left and gave a big honk. Fortunately to me I just avoided an accident and to others I just avoided a potential four hour traffic jam.

Welcome to Southern California, a place filled with fun theme parks, sunny beaches and crazy drivers. At a recent report, Los Angeles ranked 184 at the saftest ctiy to drive. Don't be mislead by the word safe because in another word to look in a differet way what that report, based on 200 cities, says is that Los Angeles is the 16th worst city to drive, with driver on average get in an accident avery 7 years, where the national average is about 10 years. San Diego drivers, more fortunate than those Los Angeles, got in accident every 8.9 years but the city still only ranked 113, just above the 114 San Jose, Northern California.

So where do you find a safe place to drive, well think Mid-West the saftest place to drive are mostly in the middle, places know for less dense population as the top 10 saftest cities to drive have population ranking in the 100s. The exceptions go to Milwaukee and Colorado Springs where although the cities ranked 22 and 49 in population respectively, they are the top 8 and 9 saftest place to drive with driver on average gets involved in accident every 12 years. So if there's a rank for most gentle drivers, I would defintely rank these two cities top 1 and top 2.

So here they are, the top 10 saftest cities for drivers with population rank and average years between accidents:

  1. Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Population(167) - Average Years(14.3)
  2. Fort Collins, Colorado - Population(183) - Average Years(13.2)
  3. Cedar Rapids, Iowa - Population(190) - Average Years(13.2)
  4. Huntsville, Alabama - Population(132) - Average Years(12.8)
  5. Chattanooga, Tennessee - Population(144) - Average Years(12.7)
  6. Knoxville, Tennessee - Population(123) - Average Years(12.6)
  7. Des Moines, Iowa - Population(107) - Average Years(12.6)
  8. Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Population(22) - Average Years(12.5)
  9. Colorado Springs, Colorado - Population(49) - Average Years(12.3)
  10. Warren, Michigan - Population(168) - Average Years(12.3)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home